Important Vastu Rules
1. North east corner of the house should always be kept clean and decorative.
2. Your house building main door should not be opposite the main door of another
house or building.
3. Do not construct kitchen, toilets,and puja room connected next to one another.
4. The number of doors and windows should be more on the ground floor than the
other upper floor.
5. Rain water or drainage should flow towards North-East direction.
6. Do not construct a toilet or puja room under a staircase.
7. Doors should open inside the room and not outside.
8. No room should be built under the staircase.
9. The cupboard in the wall should be in the southern or western part direction of the
10. In the kitchen heavy items like grinder, fridge, shelf,etc. should be towards south
and west wall.
11. The house should be fully airy and ventilated.
12. The seat in latrine should be in north-south direction.
13. The gate of lift or elevator should not be in front of the main gate of the house.
14. Do not grow trees like bangan, papal, thorny trees.
15 Dining room should not expose to the front door of your house.
16 Never put mirror in kitchen and broken mirror in house.
17 Do not keep prickly cactus, plants in the house.
18. Place a happy family picture in living room.
19. Place a picture of bright sunrise on southern wall in living room.
20. Brighten the corners in the house.
21. Do not hang a painting depicting war , crime, unrest, agony or distress.
22. Construct the front door in such a manner as to avoid the fall of a shadow on it.