Shakti Chalana Mudra
Sit comfortableon your asana with erect spine. Inhale the air forcibly and combine it with the apana-prana. Do the Mula-Bandha and try to force the prana up into the Sushumana Nadi. Retain this position as long as you can. You may feel the awakening of Kundalini and trying to go up through the Sushumana Nadi.
- Helps in the activation of awakening the Kundalini.
In Kundalini Yoga there is a great significance of third-eye or the single spiritual-eye in revealing the Sprit. The realization of super and cosmic consciousness is possible only through meditation on single eye. this single-eye is visible easily through jyoti kmudra. It should be done just after your meditation.Practice:
- Keep sitting in your meditation posture. Close each of the tragus (fleshy portion in front of the opening of the ear) of your ears with each of your hand thumb. Slightly press the outer corners of each of your closed eye with each of your index finger. Place the middle fingers on your nostrils and the forth fingers above your mouth. Place the little fingers below your mouth.
- Inhale with a sound of ‘Aaww…’ Assuming a cool current is flowing upward in the spine. Hold the breath while slightly pressing the eye corners.concentrate at Aggyia chakra. The spiritual eye is visible.
- The spiritual eye may appear differently to different aspirants. Generally a revolving dark blue solid sphere of light surrounded by a hollow golden bright sphere of light is visible. A white five- pointed star is also visible at the centre of the blue disc.
- A Kriya-yogi has to concentrate and penetrate the white star seen at the centre of the spiritual third eye. it represents the pure cosmic consciousness of the Absolute Brahman,who is beyond creation.